Maybe I’ve been watching too much Glee (if that’s possible?) but certain songs keep springing to mind lately. Yesterday, it was Jack Johnson’s “Sitting, waiting, wishing” because of course, here I am sitting (sometimes laying), waiting on this baby, and wishing he would come!
Today’s song is what my friend “JC” and I refer to as the “dying cat song”–only when I sing it though. When Take That sings it, it’s a glorious song about, you guessed it, patience. I’m trying to be patient, really I am, but after months and months of wondering how he’ll look, how big he’ll be, and when he’ll come, I am SO ready for him to just come on and join us!
I don’t believe in any of these methods for getting the baby to come either. Here are the ones I’ve tried:
- Spicy foods (Dr. recommended… I only tried a few times because I really dislike feeling spiciness on the other end, you know what I mean)
- Hot bath (Dr. recommended… only tried twice because the tub takes forever to fill!)
- Sex (Dr. recommended… tried more than twice 😉 )
- Talking to the baby
- Nipple stimulation (hey I’m desperate ok?)
My friend “L” says a castor oil cocktail worked for her, but I’m hesitant to try because again, I don’t like unpleasantness coming out the other end. So, with that, I will be anxiously awaiting my appointment on Friday, and hopefully the inducing process won’t take forever and a day (or 36 hours, like it took for “R,” who had the same doctor as me!)
I certainly don’t want to sound like I’m complaining–though I am a bit 🙂 Here’s a walk on the bright side, because J and I have truly been blessed:
- I’ve had no complications whatsoever during this pregnancy (*knock on wood* that that will continue through the end!)
- The baby is just the right length and weight according to the doctor’s estimates
- He appears to have 10 fingers, 10 toes, 2 eyes, a nose, and a mouth 🙂
- My hair and nails have never been so strong or grown so quickly
- My skin is nice and clear, and there are no stretch marks in sight
- Our friends and family have given us so many wonderful gifts for the baby
Life is good! And when Baby G makes his grand appearance, life will be great!
Til next time…