I’m going to take an idea from my creative cousin and do a photo essay blog–check out hers here!–but first I want to say a few words about Thanksgiving:
– The whole fam was together, which was the most important aspect for me this year. We’ve missed many a holiday together, but Thanksgiving is one I could always count on. My brothers and parents, sis-in-law and niece all made the drive down, and I truly appreciate that the 9 of us could sit around one table together [the table pic is on my mom’s memory card, which I could not download because I can’t find my card reader… luckily that was the only downer of the day]
– Dad forced me off my butt yesterday, which was great because I wanted nothing more than to be a turkey-stuffed couch potato. We did 3 miles on Thanksgiving morning, then 7 more at Salem Lake yesterday. I’m so glad he was here or I might not have gone at all!
– No Black Friday for us this year. Instead, we just played around the house with Gabe. He loved all the extra attention, and I have to say it warms my heart to see how much his Mi-ma and Papa love him.
– All the food turned out great: Javi deep fried the 21 Lb Butterball, Mom handled the onions, mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn, pies, and extras, and I had it easy just doing my favorite Festive Yam casserole, gravy, and playing helper to the other two. I have to admit, we ate fast, and just like *that* the meal was done and over with. 48 hours later, and I am so tired of savory & sweet foods… bring on the bland stuff I eat every day! Lol
– Here’s my faves from the day & day after Thanksgiving, from my camera: